Monday, October 10, 2011

I'd love to call this "chump change".

In the article "Ron Paul's chump change" Paul Whitefield writes about private and public funding for current 2012 presidential candidates. In this article, he outlines the different types of funding and how much each candidate has managed to raise so far. He pokes fun at Ron Paul's "chump change" of 8 million dollars. Comparing him to Rick Perry's 17 million, Mitt Romney's 14 million and President Obama's 55 million.

I find it ridiculous that a presidential campaign costs so much. People are shelling out money for a candidate to live like a king (or queen as the case may eventually be...) in the months leading up to the presidential election. Like I've stated previously, I'm not an overly political person, I'm not registered to vote and I don't know enough about the American political system to really make a fair judgment on it, but that seems very excessive to me.

Mr. Whitefield has a very sarcastic tone when it comes to looking seriously at Ron Paul's chances at success in the upcoming elections next year. He jabs at the statistics, ending his facts with "And the Tooth Fairy brings me $1 every time I lose a molar". I feel that Mr. Whitefield intended this article for the average person, it was more of an informative article, but with his sarcastic twist. Ron Paul just doesn't have the monetary support that the other candidates have. Ron Paul appeals to the masses of underpaid and under-appreciated minimum wage workers. (And anyone that uses "munchies" as a part of their every day vocabulary... ha.) Obama had his chance with "Yes We Can", but has failed so far to put that into action.

I just think that Ron Paul should have just as much of a fighting chance as the other candidates. It doesn't seem very fair that Ron Paul would miss out on the vote because he was only a few million short.

No comments:

Post a Comment